Photobucket

Friday, May 30, 2014

Aunt Colors soon releasing her first pattern Kylie!

Aunt Colors designer, Heather Doak, allowed me to be a tester on her first soon to be released pattern Kylie! 


Heather has made a great pattern to make a super girly twirly dress out of scraps! I had no need to buy fabric to make this dress. I used 77 different fabrics! I do believe after I fluffed my scraps they grew...lol...After cutting all my scraps to the correct size I closed my eyes and picked the squares to sew together! No need to worry about what square goes where! This dress reminded me so much of the scrappy quilts my mom had stitched together years ago. In this dress there are scraps from quilts I had made my grand daughters mom and siblings in years past. 

Her directions are straight forward. No pattern pieces to print. All you need is a cutting mat, rotary cutter to get started. Having a serger does make this dress easier to construct but is not necessary. As she discuss in the directions ever a lower end model serger works great. I used a lower end model Singer serger that is about 20 years old and it performed well! Having a ruffler foot does help! But, if you don't have a ruffler foot there are other ways to tame those ruffles! Lots of times I use a thicker quality invisible thread for my top thread and regular thread in the bobbin. I set my stitch length to the longest setting and adjust my tension. It gathers beautifully and the invisible thread normally does not  break when adjusting the gathers! There are no seams to match when gathering the 3 tiers together.

The dress pattern is available in sizes 2T-girls size 14!

My model loved the great twirl factor of this dress!


As always Cranberry Ridge Design looks froward to making your one of a kind dress! Please email me! 


Till next pattern testing!
Connie





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...